5 Things Every Dad should Tell Their Kids!
As King David was on his death bed, he gave his son Solomon several instructions. These instructions are several words that every child needs to hear from their fathers, especially boys. These instructions were helpful to firmly establish Solomon's throne as King and to ultimately lead to his success. I challenge each father, regardless of your ethnicity, economic status, work schedule, or visitation schedule to constantly utter these instructions to your children. It will lead them to successful lives, guaranteed.
1. Take courage and be a man (v. 2b)
2. Observe the requirements of the Lord your God (v. 3a)
3. Follow All the Lord's ways (v. 3b)
4. You will be successful (v. 3)
5. Make me proud (v4) -- this is a paraphrase
It is imperative that as fathers we tell our children these things. David realized in v. 2 that his time was coming to an end. Don't wait till it's too late to your kids you love them.